In 2005, Philippi Trust where I was studying counselling at the time introduced a new program. It was a camp program for Orphans an Vulnerable children. The first time I heard about it, was when the director at the time had just got back from a trip to the Eastern Cape and came to tell our dipoma class about his experience. I felt immediately in the deep side of me that Holger should get involved... this sounded like the kind of thing he carried in his heart.
In 2005/2006 we had a angel come and stay with us and help me with the kids so that I could get more involved with the counselling work. She was a huge blessing to the family. We would work hard at home and every now and again send Holger off to camp and he would come back and tell us all about his experiences. My heart was awakening... Sarah came back to visit for two weeks after she had left in the September of 2006. She challenged me to go on camp and she would come a long a help me with my kids... That was it... I was hardly on camp and I knew I was home... I was on the journey we needed to take... as a family.
Comments
Post a Comment